List of all Applications for Getting a Cooperative Society Registered and Obtaining of NOC by the Multi State Cooperatives for Operating in Assam.
|Sl No||List||Fee||Time Frame||Remark||Annexure|
|1.||1ST Application for organizing a state level cooperative society.||Nil||Nil||The application is to be signed by at least 10 citizens above the age of 18 years detailing the name, address objects and the area of operation of the proposed society along with a Business Plan and promoters' contact details as per the standard procedures at Annexure-VI||Annexure-I|
|2.||2nd Application for getting a cooperative society registered.||1% of the Authorized Share Capital||60 Days|
The application is to be submitted along with:
- The original declaration signed by the promoters/applicants expressing commitments to the cooperative principles specified in Schedule-A of the Assam Cooperative Societies Act,2007 (Annexure-VII)
- Four copies of the proposed Bye-laws duly signed by the Chairman of the Promoters' Meeting prepared as per the provisions detailed under section-9 & Schedule-B of the Assam Cooperative Societies Act,2007. (Annexure-VIII)
- a true copy of the resolution passed at the Promoters' Meeting by the promoters adopting the bye-laws (Sample format at Annexure- IV)
- List of names of all the applicants with their complete address, occupation, equity participation and other details. (Annexure-IX)
- a scheme regarding the viability of the proposed society economically, financially, technically and cooperatively.
- A copy of the Treasury Challan in support of payment of registration fees (non-refundable) calculated in accordance with Sec/17 of the Act i.e. @1% of the authorized share capital.
|3.||For obtaining NOC for Multi-State Multipurpose & Credit societies to operate in the state of Assam||Nil||45 Days|
- Self attested photographs of the applicants to operate in the state
- Complete postal address of the applicants with PS and phone numbers.
- Certificate from 2 prominent personalities of the state on the antecedence/ credentials/character of the applicants.
(GOI circular No.R.11017/10/2013- L&M dated 22.7.2015)
Standard Procedure for Registration of a Cooperative Society
- Initial application for registration of Coop: Society may be addressed to the Registering Authority* signed by at least 10 promoters above the age of 18 years detailing the name, address, objectives and area of operation of the proposed society along with business plan and promoters' contact details.
- The registering authority shall depute an officer within 3 (three) days from the date of receipt of the application for verifying the feasibility of formation of the proposed Cooperative & assess its sustainability after due discussion with the promoters.
- The officer so deputed shall submit the feasibility report within 7(Seven) working days with specific comments on
In case the feasibility for organization of the Coop: Society is verified by the departmental officer, the Registering Authority shall send a copy of the Prescribed Form for Registration of Coop: Society to the person concerned with a direction to adopt their Bye-laws to convene the inaugural General Meeting & depute an officer to facilitate holding of the same.The promoters may also collect the prescribed form from the office of the Registering Authority any day after 7 days from the date of submission of the feasibility report.The promoters then shall submit the application in prescribed form along-with (1) the original declaration signed by the promoters/applicants expressing commitments to the cooperative principles specified in Schedule-A of the Assam Cooperative Societies Act,2007 (2) 4 copies of the proposed bye-laws duly signed by the Chairman of of the Inaugural General Meeting, (3) a true copy of the resolution passed at a meeting by the applicants adopting the bye-laws (4) a list of names of the applicants with their complete address, occupation, equity participation and other details (5) a scheme regarding the viability of the proposed society economically, financially, technically and cooperatively and (5) a copy of the treasury challan in support of the payment of registration fees calculated in accordance with the provisions of sub section (1) of Section 17 of the Assam Cooperative Societies Act, 2007, i.e. @1% of the authorized share capitalThe Registering Authority* shall register the Society after receipt of the formal application / registration fee & issue the Registration Certificate accordingly subject to the following:
- Whether the applicants are in a position to avail the services to be provided by the proposed society to fulfill their common needs.
- Whether the objects of the proposed society are meant for economic & social betterment of its members & whether the objects are attainable.
- Justification regarding the area of operation of the proposed society and possibility of any unhealthy competition with other similar cooperatives within the area of operation.
- Level of participation of the promoters members and their awareness about the cooperative principles and the objects of the proposed society.
No society shall be registered if in the opinion of the *Registering Authority its declared objects are not likely to be achieved or if it is economically unviable, technically and cooperatively unsound or if it may have an adverse effect upon any registered cooperative society or the cooperative movement as a whole or if the members or the applicants do not need the services or are not in a position to use the services of the cooperative society.In case it is found by the Registering authority that the proposed cooperative society cannot be registered for some reasons, the same shall be communicated to the promoters in written citing the reasons within 5 (five) days from the date of receipt of the 'Feasibility Report' from the officer concerned.The entire process of registration shall preferably be completed within 2 (two) months from the date of receipt of the formal application and the proposed society will be deemed to be registered after the expiry of 60 (sixty) days from the date of receipt of the formal application/registration fees if the matter is not disposed of within the stipulated period otherwise.
- The application is in conformity with the requirements laid down under the Assam Cooperative Societies Act, 2007.
- The object of the proposed cooperative society is the economic and social betterment of its members through the provision of services to fulfill such common needs as specified in the bye-laws.
- The proposed bye-laws are not inconsistent with the provision of the Act and are not against the aims and objects of the cooperative society.
*(1) The Registrar of Coop: Societies, Assam (RCS) in case of State level Cooperatives,
*(2) Addl. Registrar/ Zonal Jt. Registrar in case the proposed cooperative covers the areas of 2 or more districts
*(3) Dy. Registrar of Coop: Societies (DRCS) in case of district level cooperatives.
*(4) Asstt. Registrar of Coop: Societies (ARCS) for other primary level cooperatives.